You Might be Obsessed with Musicals If...
The original musicals obsession page... must I be the
one to start everything?
By Mallory Bolduc
1. Your absolute favorite movie isn't rated.
2. You catch yourself humming Irving Berlin tunes more than twice a
3. You describe your favorite kind of music as "fast with no beat".
4. You can name Gene Kelly's film debut.
5. You go to the video store and automatically rush to the musical
6. Your friends have learned not to mention Judy Garland's name in
7. Your friend sees that someone wrote to Ed Brice asking for Frank
Sinatra's address, and she automatically suspects you.
8. You know Fred Astaire's birth name.
9. You have named or plan to name your child after any actor or actress
from the '40s.
10. You think that the only Holiday Inn is in Midville, Connnecticut.
11. You understood #10.
12. Your friends like Drew Barrymore movies, and you like Ethel Barrymore
13. You often refer to Marlon Brando as Sky Masterson.
14. You understood #13.
15. Your friends say, "Boy, Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire were,
like, so 1800s," and you correct them by explaining, "In 1931,
Ginger Roger went to Hollywood and eventually joined RKO, where she began
her partnership with Fred Astaire...."
16. You think that the fireworks on the Fourth of July are in honor
of George Murphy's birthday.
17. You know who George Murphy is.
18. Your idol is George M. Cohan.
19. You can name three songs by George M. Cohan.
20. You know who George M. Cohan is.
21. You think that Gene Kelly's birthday should be a national holiday.
22. You know which people make the best musicals (e.g., directors,
songwriters, studios ).
23. You have ever visited my
musical homepage. ; )
24. Someone says, "Boy, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers were, like,
so 1800s," and your friend corrects them by saying, "In
1931, Ginger Rogers went to Hollywood and eventually joined RKO, where
she began her partnership with Fred Astaire...."
25. Your mom regrets watching Cary Grant movies while she was pregnant.
26. Your friends have learned that you can relate any situation to
a musical plot.
27. It took 28 witnesses and 32 residents to convince you Charleston
was also a city.
28. You know Fred Astaire's sister's name.
29. You have ever started a fan
30. After watching either Shall
We Dance? or It's Always
Fair Weather, you feel inclined to learn how to hoof on skates.
31. You call your cable company and as soon as the operator answers
she says, "No, (your name), we don't carry TCM yet."
32. You've ever used movie quotes for jokes.
33. You watch so much Erik Rhodes, you can sing an Italian opera with
34. A new kid in school spends one day with you and will never confuse
Bing Crosby and Bill Cosby again.
35. You've watched a really bad movie over and over again just to find
36. You know how to pronounce Fred Astaire's sister's name.
37. You call a movie company to ask if you can order your favorite
movie, and they don't believe your flick exists.
38. You can name every Fred & Ginger movie in the order that they
39. You go to a pawn shop and find they're trying to sell your favorite
movie... for two dollars.
40. You know more than the first line of "Carolina in the Morning".
41. Your mother blames your father for your warped sense of humor,
but she secretly suspects Bob Hope.
42. You've ever subconciously used the excuse, "I'm not obsessed
with musicals; they're just my night and day."
43. You've ever become insulted when someone puts down a musical star.
E-mail me if
you can relate to this or have any suggestions (or seriously want an answer).
to my homepage
This page created with Netscape Navigator Gold
Click on the ribbon for more info.